Thursday, January 08, 2004

Welcome to the blogsphere Mariner Optimist. You are indeed a nearly lone voice. We have had a lot to complain about in the Bavasi era, and I think rightly so. But I am an optimist at heart. I've been talking to my partner John today about the M's (what else) and he got me thinking about how many wins we can expect. My current prediction is 87 - which may win the division. Now, the team would have to be very lucky for this to happen. No injuries to any starting position player is an absolute must. If any of the killer bench gets significant playing time it's all over. But if they can stay healthy they should hit slightly better than last year. It won't be enough to make up for the defensive shortfall in the outfield, but it may be enough to win it. A lot depends on Oakland's remaining moves and, more importantly their moves at the trading deadline. Unlike years past I expect the M's to make deadline moves, but frankly I don't expect them to help. The Bavasi track record so far is clear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home