Wednesday, May 19, 2004

How many different ways can we say the M's suck? Even the great writers at USS Mariner have slipped into repetitive mode. I was hoping that we would be able to dissect games and discuss individual performance during the course of the season. Instead I'm left shaking my head at this train wreck of a team. There's no point in picking on Aurilia when Dan Wilson is the best hitter on the team. No point in dissing Shiggy when the whole pen blows. You know your team bites when comments like Eddie's "I wish I didn't leave the Twins" or Freddie's "I'd love to be a Yankee" don't even rate a curse.

The pill becomes increasingly bitter when you watch the engineer of the train step out, walk over a set of tracks, and hop into another engine. You look at your ticket and realize he's scheduled to continue driving you to your destination.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home